Tour Travel Tips - Health
How can I protect my health
when I travel?
If you have any food allergies, learn the names of those
foods in the languages used in the countries you'll be visiting. This way
you'll be better equipped to stay on the look out for them.
out what types of diseases are common to the area you'll be visiting and
take actions to prevent your exposure to those diseases.
Find out what
types of vaccinations you will need to enter the country, there may also be
medications you'll need to take before, during and even after your trip.
Get your vaccinations early in case you have a reaction and need some recovery
You should consider a dental appointment if you haven't had
a check up in a while.
Be careful what you eat and drink.
complete health information with you on your trip.
How can I protect
myself from travelers diarrhea while traveling abroad?
- When you are traveling abroad, don't forget that drinking
another country's water can be dangerous.
- Stick with bottled or boiled water and
carbonated soft drinks.
- Remember that the ice in your drink turns into water, so order them
with out ice.
- Wipe off the tops of cans before you drink from them, or better yet, bring some
straws to use for drinking.
- Avoid raw foods, as they can also be a good way to get
- Only shut when you are
in the shower, even an accidental spray can get you